Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
Rated 4.9 out of 5.
An interactive and engaging online course on Drugs and Alcohol Misuse.
This course covers:
- What is alcohol misuse?
- What is an alcohol unit?
- Low risk drinking guidelines
- The consequences of alcohol misuse
- Alcohol and pregnancy
- The benefits of drinking less alcohol
- What is a drug and what do we mean by ‘drug misuse’?
- Why are drugs addictive?
- The different categories and classifications of drugs
- The consequences of drug misuse
- Penalties and the law
Alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- The effects of alcohol and drug misuse on others
- Scenarios where learners deal with potential alcohol/drug misuse in the workplace
- What are the signs of misuse?
Prevention and drug prevention
- Primary/secondary/tertiary prevention
- Alcohol and drug support
- Where to get help
How it works
Whilst the course provides learners with an awareness of key issues regarding drug and alcohol misuse it is also very practical and immediately useful. As the learner progresses, they will be met with realistic scenarios concerning colleagues and will need to decide the best approach to take.
This course will provide learners affected by alcohol or drug misuse a starting point for getting to grips with their own situation or help them be well-placed to support others.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training