An interactive and engaging online course on working at height for employees.
This course covers
- the ‘avoid, prevent, minimise’ to reduce the risks of working at height
- what working at height means
- how to keep working at height to a minimum
- how different safe guards can prevent and minimise falls
- setting up a ladder and step ladder safely
- how to work up a ladder taking into account individual capabilities, the load, the environment and other factors such as the weather
- how to spot the risks of working at height
How it works
As part of our Working at Heights online training learners will use interactions to help understand and recognise the hazards of working at heights, this RoSPA approved Height awareness course also has a complete section on using ladders and step ladders safely.
Employers and those in control of any work at height activity must make sure work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people. This includes using the right type of equipment for working at height. (Low-risk, relatively straightforward tasks will require less effort when it comes to planning).
Employees also have general legal duties to take reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They need to co-operate with their employer to enable their health and safety duties and requirements to be complied with.
* This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training