An interactive and engaging online course on moving and handling people for employees.
This course covers
- the key terms and issues around moving and handling people
- what kinds of injuries can happen to themselves and the person they are moving
- their employer’s and their responsibilities to manage and avoid risks including risk assessment
- what they must report to line managers or health and safety representatives
- factors that need to be taken into account when moving people as opposed to objects: consent, communication, infection prevention and control, and changing requirements
- what causes injury
- how to use TILEO to dynamically assess and evaluate risks of injury to themselves and the person they are assisting
- the principles of ergonomic handling in a typical manual handling task including:
- the kind of equipment they might encounter
- their employer’s policies and procedures
How it works
Moving and handling people is a demanding task. You need to understand how to minimise the risks of injury to yourself and the person you are moving. You also need to understand the ‘people factors’ involved in delivering excellent care.
This highly interactive eLearning course is designed to raise awareness of the issues and best practice associated with moving and handling people, and is suitable for anyone who needs to move people as part of their everyday role, perhaps in a care home or nursing environment.
The course uses infographics and interactive content to ensure the main learning points are easy to understand.
If you need training on moving objects, our Manual Handling course is also available.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training