An interactive and engaging online course on new and expectant mothers for employees.
This course covers
- the law around pregnancy and maternity in the workplace
- employees’ and employers’ rights and responsibilities
- how new and expectant mothers can keep themselves safe
- types of workplace risk assessments and adjustments
- what women can expect when they return to work after maternity leave
- practical health and safety responsibilities that an employer has in looking after the woman’s physical well-being
How it works
The Employment Rights Act defines the rights of new and expectant mothers and new fathers. The Equality Act makes it illegal to discriminate against someone because of a “protected characteristic”. Being pregnant at work or on parental leave count as “protected characteristics” – this means that an employee may not have her rights taken away from her just because she is pregnant.
There are two sets of Health and Safety regulations which oblige employers to provide appropriate facilities and carry out specific risk assessments. For example, a pregnant employee’s working environment may need to be altered or she may need to wear special protective equipment or clothing.
* This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training